150ml/5fl oz red wine
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 medum onions, sliced
1 courgette, cut in half lengthways
and into 5cm/2in sticks
4 red mullet, boned and filleted
50g/2oz canned anchovy
2 tablespoons chopped
• Put the sultanas in a bowl. Pour the red wine over them, and leave to
soak for 10 minutes.
• Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onions and sauté for
2 minutes. Add the courgette to the pan, and sauté for a further
3 minutes or until they are tender.
• Using a zester, pare long, thin strips from one of the oranges. Using a
sharp knife, remove all the peel and pith from both oranges, then
segment them by slicing between the membrane.
• Add the orange zest to the frying pan. Add the wine-soaked sultanas
and any liquid, the mullet and the anchovies to the pan. Leave to simmer
for 10–15 minutes until the fish is cooked through. Stir in the oregano
and orange segments, set aside and leave to cool.
• Put the mixture in a large bowl and leave to chill, covered, in the
refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Transfer to serving plates, and serve.