1 c dark brown sugar,Packed
3/4 c sugar
1/4 c molasses
1/4 c shortening
1 T butter,softened
1/2 t vanilla
2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
2 t baking soda
2 t ginger,Ground
1 t salt
1 t cinnamon,Ground
1/2 t cloves,Ground
1/4 c water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together the sugars, molasses, shortening, butter, egg, and vanilla in a
large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
3. In another large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, salt, cinnamon,
4. Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and beat while adding the water.
Continue to mix until ingredients are incorporated.
5. Measure a heaping teaspoon of dough at time. Roll the dough into a sphere
between the palms of your hands then press the dough onto the cookie. Flatten
to about 1/8-inch thick.
6. Bake cookies for 10-14 minutes or until edges begin to brown and cookies
are crispy when cool.
Makes 120 (10 dozen) cookies.