Nabisco Oreo (Wafers)
1 18.25-ounce pkg. Betty
-- fudge cake mix
3 T shortening,melted
1/2 c cake flour,measured then
3 T water
2 T brown paste food coloring
1. Combine the cookie ingredients in a large bowl. Add the water a little bit at a
time until the dough forms. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. On a lightly floured surface roll out a portion of the dough to just under one
16th of an inch thick. To cut, use a lid from a spice container with a 1 1/2-inch
diameter (Schilling brand is good). Arrange the cut dough rounds on a cookie
sheet that is sprayed with a light coating of non-stick spray. Bake for 10 minutes.
Remove wafers from the oven and cool completely.
4. As the cookies bake, make the filling .
5. When the cookies have cooled, roll a small portion (heaping 1/4 teaspoon) of
the filling into a ball (just over 1/4-inch in diameter), and press it between
two of the cookies. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
Makes 108-116 wafers; for 54-58 sandwich cookies.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com