Remoulade Sauce ================
3/4 c mayonnaise
5 t stone mustard,Ground
4 t buttermilk
2 t celery,Minced
2 t green pepper,Minced
2 t onion,Minced
2 t sauerkraut
1 t white vinegar
1/2 t paprika
1/8 t black pepper,Ground
Shrimp seasoning ===============
1/2 t salt
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t onion powder
1/4 t black pepper,Ground
1/4 t chili powder
1/4 t granulated sugar
1/8 t cayenne pepper
Other ingredients ==============
6 lg shrimp (21 to 25 per pound)
fresh lemon juice
1 T butter,melted
1. Preheat your grill to high heat.
2. Make the remoulade sauce by mixing the ingredients together in a
small bowl. Cover and chill this sauce until you are ready to use it.
3. Prepare the shrimp seasoning by mixing the spices together in a
4. Remove the shell from the shrimp. Keep the last segment of the shell
and the tail. Remove the black vein that runs down the back of the shrimp.
Stick a skewer through the middle of each shrimp. Push them together on
the skewer so that they are 'spooning' each other.
5. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the cuddling shrimp.
6. Brush melted butter generously over the top of the shrimp.
7. Sprinkle a bit of the seasoning on next. Don't use a heavy coating
8. Place the shrimp onto your hot grill with the seasoning side down.
Brush some more butter over the other side of the shrimp -- the flames should
jump up from the butter. Sprinkle a light coating of seasoning over the shrimp (you
should have lots of seasoning left over).
9. After 3 minutes or so the face-down side of the shrimp should be browned
and showing some light charring. Flip the shrimp over and grill for an additional 2-3
minutes or until browned on the other side.
10. Remove the shrimp from the grill and slide them off the skewer onto a
slice of garlic butter coated bread.* Sprinkle with a pinch of fresh