225g/8oz fresh egg lasagne,
11⁄2 teaspoons salt
For the filling
900g/2lb fresh spinach, stems
1 large onion, finely chopped
450g/1lb raw prawns, peeled
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
125ml/4fl oz plain tomato sauce
600ml/1pt béchamel sauce
50g/2oz Parmesan cheese, grated
• Roll the lasagne as thinly as possible. With a knife, cut into sheets of
8 x 11cm/31⁄2 x 41⁄2in and let them rest on dry tea towels for at least
• Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the salt, and slip in the
pasta, two or three pieces at a time, leaving to cook for 1 minute.
Remove with a slotted spoon, and immerse immediately in cold water.
Lay the pasta on damp tea towels.
• To make the filling, put the spinach in a large deep pan with no water.
Cook, tossing occasionally, for 5–10 minutes. Remove from the heat,
chop finely and set aside.
• Warm the butter in a frying pan and add the onion. Sauté over a
medium heat for 4 minutes. Add the prawns and sauté quickly, stirring to
cook evenly. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chopped
spinach and salt.
• Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
• Combine the tomato and béchamel sauces. Select a 25 x 35cm/
10 x 14in baking dish. Smear a very thin layer of sauce on the bottom
of the baking dish. Carefully place a layer of the pasta over the sauce,
to cover the entire area. Smear a thin layer of sauce over the pasta.
Spoon some of the spinach and prawn mixture over it, and sprinkle with
some Parmesan. Repeat the process of layering, ending with a layer of
pasta, topped with sauce and cheese.
• Bake for about 20 minutes or until the sauce forms a light golden crust.
Remove the dish from the oven and leave to stand for 10 minutes before
serving, cut into slices.