225g/8oz red mullet fillets, skinned
and finely chopped
2 small tomatoes, finely chopped
2 green peppers, seeded and
1 onion, finely chopped
1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
150g/5oz fresh breadcrumbs
600ml/1pt coconut milk
salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the sauce
125ml/4fl oz tomato ketchup
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1⁄4 teaspoon hot mustard
• Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
• Mix the red mullet with the tomatoes, peppers, onion and chilli. Stir in
the breadcrumbs and coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper.
• Grease and line a 500g/1lb 2oz loaf tin, and add the mullet mixture.
Bake for 1–11⁄2 hours until set.
• To make the sauce, mix together all the sauce ingredients until smooth
• To serve, cut the loaf into slices and serve hot or cold, drizzled with