Smoked haddock quiche
225g/8oz ready-made shortcrust
1 onion, sliced
15g/1⁄2oz plain flour
125ml/4fl oz milk
3 eggs, beaten
75g/3oz Cheddar cheese, grated
225g/8oz cooked smoked
3 tomatoes, chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4. Roll out the pastry and
use to line a 23cm/9in flan dish.
• Melt the butter in a saucepan, and sweat the onion until soft. Stir in the
flour, then the milk, and bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
• Remove the sauce from the heat and add the eggs and half of the
cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
• Arrange the flaked fish and tomatoes on the pastry, and pour the sauce
over the top. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
• Bake in the oven for 30–40 minutes until set and golden brown.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com