menu for you
Taco Bell Burrito Supreme
1 lb lean beef,Ground
1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 T chili powder
1 t salt
1/2 t minced onion,Dried
1/2 t paprika
1/4 t onion powder
1 ds garlic powder
1/2 c water
1 16-ounce can refried beans
eight 10-inch flour
1/2 c enchilada sauce
3/4 c sour cream
2 c lettuce,Shredded
2 c cheddar cheese,Shredded
1 md tomato,diced
1/2 c yellow onion,Diced
1. In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef with the flour, chili powder, salt,
minced onion, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. Use your hands to
thoroughly mix the ingredients into the ground beef.
2. Add the seasoned beef mixture to the water in a skillet over medium heat.
Mix well with a wooden spoon or spatula, and break up the meat as it cooks.
Heat for 5 to 6 minutes, or until browned. The finished product should be very
smooth, somewhat pasty, with no large chunks of beef remaining.
3. Heat up the refried beans in a covered container in the microwave set on
high temperature for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
4. Place the flour tortillas on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Heat the
tortillas for 30 to 45 seconds in the microwave on high temperature.
5. Build each burrito by first spreading about 1/4 cup of refried beans on the
center of a heated flour tortilla. Spread one-eighth of the meat mixture over the
beans, then pour about a tablespoon of the enchilada sauce over the meat.
6. Stir the sour cream well, so that it is smoother, then spread about 1 1/2
tablespoons onto the burrito. Arrange some of the lettuce, cheese, tomato and
onion onto the tortilla, and then you're ready to roll.
7. Fold the end of the tortilla closest to you over the filling ingredients. Fold
either the left or right end over next. Then fold the top edge over the filling. You
will be leaving one end of the burrito open and unfolded. Repeat with the
remaining ingredients and serve immediately. Makes 8 burritos.