menu for you
Taco Bell Enchirito
1 lb beef,Ground
1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 T chili powder
1 t salt
1/2 t minced onion,Dried
1/2 t paprika
1/4 t onion powder
dash garlic powder
1/2 c water
1 16 -ounce can refried beans
10 12 small flour tortillas,up
- to 12 (fajita size)
1/4 onion,diced (about 1/2 cup)
1 10 ounce can la victoria red
- chile sauce
2 c cheddar cheese,Shredded
1. In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef with the flour, chili powder, salt,
minced onion, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. Use your hands to
thoroughly mix the ingredients into the ground beef.
2. Add the seasoned beef mixture to the water in a skillet over medium heat. Mix
well with a wooden spoon or spatula, and break up the meat as it cooks. Heat for
8 to 10 minutes, or until browned. The finished product should be very smooth
with no large chunks of beef remaining.
3. Heat up the refried beans in a medium sauce pan over medium heat, or in the
microwave for a couple of minutes on high.
4. Warm the tortillas in a steamer, or wrap them in a moist towel and microwave
for 1 minute on high. You may also heat up the tortillas individually by placing
them in a hot pan over medium heat for about 15 seconds per side.
5. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of refried beans down the center of each tortilla.
Spoon 3 tablespoons of beef on top of the beans followed by a couple
teaspoons of minced onion.
6. Fold the two sides of the tortilla over the beans and meat and flip the tortilla
over onto a plate.
7. Spoon a couple tablespoons of red sauce over the top of the tortilla, then
sprinkle on a couple tablespoons of the shredded cheddar cheese.
8. Heat up the dish for 30 to 45 seconds in the microwave, or until the cheese on
top begins to melt. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.