menu for you
Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
1/2 lb. round beef 2 t ablespoons
-all-purpose flour 1 1/2
1. In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef with the flour, chili powder,
salt, dried onion, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder. Use your hands to
thoroughly incorporate everything into the ground beef.
2. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. and add the ground beef mixture to the
pan along with the water. Brown the beef mixture for 5-6 minutes, using a
wooden spoon or spatula to break up the meat as it cooks.
3. Heat oil or Crisco shortening in a frying pan over medium-high heat. If oil
begins to smoke, it is too hot. When oil is hot, fry each tortilla for about 30-
45 seconds per side and set aside on paper towels. When frying each tortilla,
be sure to pop any bubbles that form so that tortilla lays flat in oil. Tortillas should
become golden brown.
4. Heat up refried beans in a small pan over the stove or in the microwave.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
5. When meat and tortillas are done, stack each pizza by first spreading about
1/3 cup refried beans on the face of one tortilla. Next spread 1/4 to 1/3 cup of
meat, then another tortilla. Coat your pizzas with two tablespoons of salsa on
each then split up the tomatoes and stack them on top. Next divide up the
cheese, onions and olives, stacking in that order.
6. Place pizzas in your hot oven for 8-12 minutes or until cheese on top is
Makes 4 pizzas.