menu for you
24 dried conchiglioni (jumbo
275g/10oz chopped fresh spinach
1 egg white
350g/12oz low-fat cottage cheese
100g/4oz onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
50g/2oz fresh flat-leaf parsley,
275g/10oz broccoli, chopped
For the sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, peeled but left
1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
400g/14oz canned chopped
75g/3oz mushrooms, sliced
1⁄2 tablespoon shredded fresh
1⁄2 tablespoon chopped fresh
1 tablespoon chopped fresh
50g/2oz Parmesan cheese,
• Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4. Grease a 33 x
23cm/13 x 9in tin with a little vegetable oil.
• To make the sauce, heat the olive oil in a large heavy saucepan. Add
the garlic and sauté until the garlic begins to brown. Remove the garlic
from the oil with a slotted spoon; discard. Add the onion to the garlicinfused
oil and sauté lightly.
• Add the tomatoes and mushrooms, and cook over a medium heat for
about 30 minutes. Add the basil, oregano and parsley, and bring to a
boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan. Put aside.
• Cook the pasta in a pan of salted boiling water for 8–10 minutes until al
dente, then drain thoroughly.
• Combine the spinach, egg white, cottage cheese, mozzarella, onion,
garlic, parsley and broccoli in a bowl. Blend well.
• Stuff the shells with the cheese mixture, using about 2 tablespoons for
each shell. Arrange in the prepared tin. Pour the sauce over the shells,.
bake in the oven for 30–40 minutes. Serve hot.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com