4 skinless chicken breast fillets
4 garlic cloves, peeled
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed
1 onion, cut into wedges
175g/6oz French beans
assorted salad leaves
200g/7oz feta cheese, cubed
175g/6oz cherry tomatoes, halved
50g/2oz black olives
1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
• Put the chicken breasts in a shallow dish. Crush 1 of the garlic cloves
and blend with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and all of the lemon juice.
Pour over the chicken, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least
30 minutes, turning at least once.
• Heat a frying pan until smoking hot. Drain the chicken and cook for
6–8 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and allow to stand for
• Heat the remaining oil in a heavy frying pan. Sauté the remaining garlic
with the onion wedges. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8–10 minutes.
• Cook the French beans in a pan of lightly salted water for 5 minutes.
Drain and reserve.
• Arrange the salad leaves in a serving bowl with the feta cheese, cherry
tomatoes, beans, black olives and red pepper. Put the onion mixture on
top of the salad leaves, then add the chicken and serve drizzled with a
little olive oil.