menu for you
Wendy's Chicken Caesar Fresh Stuffed Pita
1/2 c water
1/8 t dry,unflavored gelatin
1/3 c white vinegar
1/2 c olive oil
1/2 t red bell,Finely Minced-pepper
1/2 t salt
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t worcestershire sauce
1/8 t black pepper,Coarse Ground
1 ds parsley
1 ds oregano
1 ds thyme
1 ds basil
1 T Romano cheese,Grated
1 T Parmesan cheese,Grated
2 T egg substitute
2 boneless,skinless chicken-- breasts
6 c romaine lettuce,chopped
1/4 c red cabbage,shredded
1/4 c carrot,shredded
4 pita breads
4 t shredded,fresh parmesan
1. Make the dressing by first dissolving the gelatin in the water. Heat
the mixture in the microwave on high for two minutes or until it begins
to rapidly boil. Add the vinegar, then whisk while adding the oil. Add
bell pepper, salt, garlic powder, worcestershire, black pepper, parsley,
oregano, thyme and basil. Let dressing cool for about 15 minutes
before adding cheeses and egg substitute. Whisk until slightly thicker,
then chill. Overnight refrigeration makes the dressing thicker.
2. Preheat a barbecue or indoor grill to medium heat. Salt and pepper the chicken, then
grill it for 5 minutes per side, or until done. Remove chicken from
the grill and dice it.
3. While chicken cooks, prepare the salad by combining the romaine
lettuce, red cabbage and shredded carrot in a large bowl and toss.
4. Prepare the sandwiches by first microwaving each pita for 20 seconds.
5. Fold each pita in half like a taco, then add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of the romaine salad into
6. Add about 1/3 cup of diced chicken on top of the salad in the pita.
7. Pour about a tablespoon of dressing over each sandwich.
8. Sprinkle about a teaspoon of shredded fresh parmesan on top of each one and
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com