menu for you
Wendy's Classic Greek Fresh Stuffed Pita
1/2 c water
1/8 t dry,unflavored gelatin
1/3 c white vinegar
1/2 c olive oil
1/2 t red bell,Finely Minced-pepper
1/2 t salt
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t worcestershire sauce
1/8 t black pepper,Coarse Ground
1 ds parsley
1 ds oregano
1 ds thyme
1 ds basil
1 T Romano cheese,Grated
1 T Parmesan cheese,Grated
2 T egg substitute
1 c feta cheese,Crumbled
1/2 c tomato,seeded and diced
1/4 c cucumber,thinly sliced and
1/4 c red onion,diced
6 c romaine lettuce,chopped
1/4 c red cabbage,shredded
1/4 c carrot,shredded
4 pita breads
1. Make the dressing by first dissolving the gelatin in the water. Heat
the mixture in the microwave on high for two minutes or until it begins
to rapidly boil. Add the vinegar, then whisk while adding the oil. Add
bell pepper, salt, garlic powder, worcestershire, black pepper, parsley,
oregano, thyme and basil. Let dressing cool for about 15 minutes
before adding cheeses and egg substitute. Whisk until slightly thicker, then
chill. Overnight refrigeration makes the dressing thicker.
2. Make the Greek topping for the sandwiches by combining the crumbled
feta cheese, tomato, cucumber, and red onion in a small bowl.
3. Prepare the salad by combining the romaine lettuce, red cabbage and
shredded carrot in a large bowl and toss.
4. Prepare the sandwiches by first microwaving each pita for 20 seconds.
5. Fold each pita in half like a taco, then add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of the romaine
salad into the bread.
6. Add 1/2 to 1/3 cup of the greek topping to each sandwich.
7. Pour about a tablespoon of dressing over each sandwich and serve.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com