vegetable oil for greasing
4 large fresh green chillies
100g/4oz low-fat Cheddar
350g/12oz cooked turkey breast,
cut into 1cm/1⁄2in strips
100g/4oz plain flour
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
125ml/4fl oz skimmed milk
150g/5oz mature Cheddar
• Preheat the oven to 230°C/450°F/Gas mark 8. Lightly brush a large
baking dish with vegetable oil.
• Slit the chillies on one side, remove the seeds and open out flat.
• Fill each chilli with a mixture of the low-fat Cheddar cheese and turkey.
Fold over the edges of the chillies, and put seam side down in the
prepared baking dish.
• In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
• In a small bowl, whisk the milk and eggs together, then slowly add to the
flour mixture, beating until smooth. Pour over the chillies. Bake in the
oven for 15 minutes.
• Remove from the oven, and sprinkle with the mature Cheddar cheese.