Yield: 1 Servings
1 whole frying chicken,cut up
6 c vegetable oil,up to 8
4 c water
1 T salt
1/2 t MSG,(see Tidbits)
1 c milk
2 c all-purpose flour
2 1/2 t salt
3/4 t pepper
3/4 t MSG
1. Trim any excess skin and fat from the chicken pieces. Preheat
the oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the water, salt and MSG for the marinade in a large bowl. Add the
chicken to the bowl and let it sit for 20 minutes. Turn the chicken a couple times
as it marinates.
3. Combine the beaten egg and milk in a medium bowl. In another medium
bowl, combine the remaining coating ingredients (flour, salt, pepper and MSG).
4. When the chicken has marinated, transfer each piece to paper towels
so that excess liquid can drain off. Working with one piece at a time, first
coat the chicken with the dry flour mixture, then the egg and milk mixture,
and then back into the flour. Be sure that each piece is coated very generously.
Stack the chicken on a plate or cookie sheet until each piece has been coated.
5. Drop the chicken, one piece at a time into the hot oil. Fry half of the chicken
at a time (4 pieces) for 12-15 minutes, or until it is golden brown. You should be
sure to stir the chicken around halfway through the cooking time so that each
piece cooks evenly.
6. Remove the chicken to a rack or towels to drain for about 5 minutes before
Serves 3-4 (8 pieces of chicken).