6 cooked medium blue
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1⁄2 red pepper, seeded and
1⁄2 green pepper, seeded and
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 celery stick, finely chopped
1⁄2 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
175ml/6fl oz canned condensed
75g/3oz fresh breadcrumbs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
• Pull away the crab legs and claws, crack open and extract the meat
from the legs.
• Reserve 2 front claws on each crab. Lift the flap on the underside of the
crab and prise off the top shell. Remove the soft organs and pull off the
gills. Scrub the crab back shells and set aside. Shred the crab meat,
picking out the shell fragments.
• Melt the butter in a pan, and add the chopped garlic, peppers, onion,
celery and chilli. Cook, stirring, over a medium heat, for about 5
minutes. Add the celery salt, thyme and bisque, and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the crab meat with half the breadcrumbs. Stir until combined and
season with salt and pepper.
• Spoon the mixture into the crab shells, smooth the tops and press the
remaining crumbs over the surface. Put the crabs on a baking tray, and
bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until heated through and golden,
adding the extra claws close to the end of cooking to warm through.