225g/8oz raw prawns, peeled
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
450g/1lb canned plum tomatoes,
drained and chopped
125ml/4fl oz dry white wine
450g/1lb whole sea bass, gutted
225g/8oz cod fillets
1⁄8 teaspoon saffron threads, crushed
450g/1lb fresh egg pasta, cut into
taglierini (fine noodles)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Rinse the prawns, dry well with a tea towel, then dice and set aside.
• Warm the oil and 40g/11⁄2oz of the butter in a wide deep frying pan.
Add the garlic and sauté for 3–4 minutes until softened. Add the
tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes over a medium heat.
• Stir in the wine, and allow it to evaporate for 2 minutes. Put the sea bass
and cod in the pan. Cook for 10 minutes over a medium heat, turning
once. Remove the pan from the heat.
• Lift the whole sea bass out of the pan, and remove its bones and skin.
Flake the meat finely, and return to the pan.
• Warm the remaining butter in a small frying pan and add the prawns.
Sauté for about 3 minutes. Add the prawns, saffron and salt to the
sauce, and heat through. Season with pepper and remove the heat.
• Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the pasta
and 11⁄2 tablespoons salt. Let the water return to the boil, then cook for
• Drain the pasta and toss with the seafood sauce in the frying pan, then