funny menu for you
850g/13/4lb canned apricots in
50g/2oz granulated sugar
25ml/1fl oz freshly squeezed
5 teaspoons powdered gelatine
150ml/5fl oz Greek-style yogurt
1 ripe apricot, sliced, to decorate
• Line the bottom of a 1.2-litre/2pt cake tin with baking parchment.
• Drain the apricots, reserving the juice. Put the apricots in a blender or
food processor together with the sugar and 4 tablespoons of the apricot
juice. Purée until smooth.
• Measure 2 tablespoons of the apricot juice into a small bowl. Add the
lemon juice, then sprinkle over 2 teaspoons of the gelatine. Leave for
about 5 minutes until spongy.
• Stir the gelatine into half of the purée, and pour into the prepared tin.
Chill in the refrigerator for 11⁄2 hours or until firm.
• Sprinkle the remaining gelatine over 4 tablespoons of the reserved
apricot juice. Leave for about 5 minutes until spongy. Mix the remaining
apricot purée with the custard, yogurt and gelatine. Pour on to the layer
of set fruit purée, and chill for 3 hours.
• To serve, dip the cake tin into hot water for a few seconds, and unmould
the delice onto a serving plate. Peel off the lining paper. Decorate the
top with the sliced apricot.