funny menu for you
4 large oranges
1 large lemon
150g/5oz granulated sugar
• Thinly pare the orange and lemon zest, and set aside for decoration.
Cut the fruits in half, and squeeze the juices into a jug. Set aside.
• Heat the sugar and 500ml/16fl oz water in a heavy saucepan, stirring
until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil, then boil without stirring
until a syrup forms.
• Remove the syrup from the heat, add some of the orange and lemon
zest, and shake the pan. Cover and leave to cool.
• Strain the sugar syrup into a shallow freezer container, and add the fruit
juice. Stir well to mix, then freeze, uncovered, for about 4 hours until
slushy. Remove the half-frozen mixture from the freezer and mix with a
fork, then return to the freezer and freeze again for at least 4 hours.
• To serve, turn into a bowl and leave to soften for about 10 minutes, then
break up again and pile into long-stemmed glasses. Decorate with strips
of orange and lemon zest.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com