funny menu for you
50g/2oz pudding rice
50g/2oz granulated sugar
400g/14oz evaporated milk
300ml/10fl oz fresh milk
pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
strawberry jam, to serve
• Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas mark 2. Lightly oil a large
• Sprinkle the rice and the sugar into the dish, and mix together.
• Bring the evaporated milk to the boil in a small pan, stirring
occasionally. Stir the evaporated and fresh milk into the rice, and mix
well until the rice is coated thoroughly.
• Sprinkle over the nutmeg, cover with foil and bake in the oven for
• Remove the pudding from the oven and stir well, breaking up any lumps.
Cover with the same foil. Bake in the oven for a further 30 minutes.
• Remove from the oven and stir well again. Dot the pudding with butter
and bake for a further 45–60 minutes until the rice is tender and a
brown skin has formed on top.
• Divide the pudding into four individual serving bowls. Top each one with
a large spoonful of jam, and serve immediately.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com