funny menu for you
175g/6oz muscovado sugar
2 seedless oranges, peeled,
all pith removed and sliced
thinly into rounds
2 large eggs, beaten
175g/6oz self-raising flour
11⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
50g/2oz fresh root ginger,
• Preheat the oven to 180°C/375°F/Gas mark 4. Line the bottom of
a 23cm/9in round cake tin, at least 5cm/2in deep, with non-stick
• Warm together 50g/2oz each of the butter and sugar, and half of the
marmalade. Spoon into the tin, then arrange the orange slices over the
top of the marmalade mixture.
• Beat together the remaining butter and sugar. Gradually beat in the
eggs. Sift the flour and ground ginger together, and fold into the mixture
with the remaining marmalade and the fresh ginger. Carefully pour over
the oranges, and spread to fill the tin.
• Stand the tin on a baking tray, and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until
just firm to the touch.
• Invert the pudding onto a serving plate, and serve warm with custard.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com