funny menu for you
Blackberry batter pudding
250g/9oz granulated sugar
3 tablespoons plain flour
grated zest of 1 lemon
1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the topping
225g/8oz plain flour
225g/8oz granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
pinch of salt
250ml/9fl oz milk
75g/3oz butter, melted
• Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
• In a large mixing bowl, combine the blackberries with 225g/8oz sugar.
• Add the flour and lemon zest. Using a large spoon, stir gently to blend.
Transfer to a 2-litre/31⁄2pt baking dish.
• To make the topping, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a
large bowl. Set aside. In a jug, combine the milk and butter. Gradually
stir the milk mixture into the dry ingredients, and keep stirring until the
batter is just smooth. Spoon the batter over the berries.
• Mix the remaining sugar with the nutmeg, then sprinkle the mixture over
the pudding. Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes until the topping is
set. Serve hot.