funny menu for you
For the cr?pe batter
100g/4oz plain flour
300ml/10fl oz milk
For the filling
375g/13oz fresh black cherries
25g/1oz icing sugar
150g/5oz Greek-style yogurt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• To make the crêpe batter, whisk together the flour, egg and milk until
smooth. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
• For the filling, pit the cherries and halve or quarter them if they are
large. Stir the icing sugar into the yogurt.
• Brush a 15cm/6in non-stick crêpe pan very lightly with oil, and heat
• Whisk the batter well, and thin it with a little extra milk if it is too thick.
Pour one-eighth of the batter into the hot pan, and swirl it around to
cover the bottom. Cook for 1–2 minutes until golden underneath, then
turn over and cook the other side.
• Turn the crêpe out of the pan. Repeat with the remaining mixture until
you have 8 crêpes, adding more oil as necessary. Stack them between
sheets of greaseproof paper on a plate as you cook them. Rest the plate
over a saucepan of simmering water to keep warm.
• To serve, put a spoonful of sweetened yogurt in the centre of each crêpe,
and top with a spoonful of cherries. Fold the crêpe into quarters, and