funny menu for you
50g/2oz dark chocolate (at least
70% cocoa solids), broken into
500ml/18fl oz chocolateflavoured
100g/4oz fresh white
100g/4oz caster sugar
2 eggs, separated
4 tablespoons black cherry jam
• Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
• Put the chocolate and milk in a saucepan. Heat gently, stirring until the
chocolate melts. Bring almost to the boil. Remove the pan from the heat.
• Put the breadcrumbs in a large bowl with 25g/1oz of the sugar. Pour in
the chocolate mixture and mix well. Beat in the egg yolks. Spoon the
mixture into a 1.2-litre/2pt pie dish. Bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes
until set and firm.
• Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until standing in soft peaks.
Gradually whisk in the remaining sugar, and whisk until you have a thick
meringue. Spread the jam over the baked chocolate base and pile the
meringue on top.
• Return the pudding to the oven for about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.