funny menu for you
Apple & blackcurrant pancakes
100g/4oz plain wholemeal flour
300ml/10fl oz skimmed milk
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
For the filling
450g/1lb cooking apples
2 tablespoons water
25g/1oz Demerara sugar
• To make the pancake batter, put the flour in a mixing bowl and make a
well in the centre.
• Add a little of the milk with the egg and the oil. Beat the flour into the
liquid, then gradually beat in the rest of the milk, keeping the batter
smooth and free from lumps. Cover the batter and chill while you
prepare the filling.
• Quarter, peel and core the apples. Slice them into a pan and add the
blackcurrants and 2 tablespoons water. Cook over a gentle heat for
10–15 minutes until the fruit is soft. Stir in the sugar.
• Lightly grease a pan with a little sunflower oil. Heat and pour in about
2 tablespoons of the batter, swirl it around and cook for about 1 minute.
Flip the pancake over with a spatula or palette knife, and cook the other
side. Put on a sheet of kitchen paper, and keep hot while cooking the
• To serve, fill the pancakes with the apple and blackcurrant mixture, and
roll them up. Serve hot.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com