funny menu for you
Poppy seed custard with red fruit
600ml/1pt skimmed milk
1 tablespoon caster sugar
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 tablespoon Demerara sugar
60ml/21/2fl oz red grape juice
• Preheat the oven to 150?C/300?F/Gas mark 2. Grease a souffl? dish
very lightly with low-fat spread.
• Heat the milk until just below boiling point, but do not boil.
• Beat the eggs in a bowl with the caster sugar and poppy seeds until
creamy. Whisk the milk into the egg mixture until very well mixed.
• Stand the prepared souffl? dish in a shallow roasting tin. Pour in enough
hot water from the kettle to come halfway up the sides of the dish.
• Pour the custard into the souffl? dish, and bake in the oven for
50–60 minutes until the custard is just set and golden on top.
• While the custard is baking, mix the fruit with the sugar and fruit juice.
Chill until ready to serve with the warm baked custard.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com