funny menu for you
Caprese Salad - Italian Grill
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
2 tbl basil oil
3 lrg tomatoes, red or yellow
OR about 1 1/2-lbs, 1/2-inch
1 med red onion, 1/2-inch slices
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
8 oz smoked mozzarella cheese,
1/4 cup large fresh basil leaves
• Fresh vegetables grilled and dressed simply with a
reduction of orange juice mixed with basil-infused oil.
• In a small nonreactive saucepan, bring the orange juice
to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and
simmer until reduced to 1 tablespoon.
• Remove from the heat and whisk in 1 tablespoon of the
basil oil. Set aside.
• Preheat the gril to high and brush rack with oil.
• Brush the tomato and onion slices on both sides with the
remaining oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the
tomato and onion slices for 2 to 4 minutes on each side, or just
until charred andsoftened.
• Arrange the tomato, onion, and mozzarella slices in rows,
overlapping the slices on a serving platter. Garnish with basil,
drizzle with the orange dressing and serve.
• To make basil oil: heat oil in a skillet or small pan over
medium heat. Add fresh basil leaves; stir and simmer for 2 to
10 minutes or to taste. Set aside to cool; strain. Use within 24
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com