menu for you
Waffle House Waffles
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 c plus 1 tablespoon granulated
2 T butter,softened
2 T shortening
1/2 c half & half
1/2 c milk
1/4 c buttermilk
1/4 t vanilla
1. Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
2. Lightly beat the egg in another medium bowl. Add the sugar, butter,
and shortening and mix well with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the
half & half, milk, buttermilk and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Add the dry flour mixture to the wet mixture while beating. Mix until smooth.
4. Cover and chill overnight.
5. Rub a light coating of vegetable oil on a waffle iron. Preheat the waffle iron.
Leave the batter out of the refrigerator to warm up a bit as your waffle iron is
6. Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup of batter into the waffle iron and cook for 3 to 4 minutes
or until the waffles are light brown.
Makes 6 waffles.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com