funny menu for you
1⁄2 teaspoon mixed spice
2 cooking apples
2 tablespoons Demerara sugar
• Preheat the oven to 200°C/
400°F/Gas mark 6.
• Put the apple juice, couscous,
sultanas and spice in a pan, and
bring to the boil, stirring. Reduce
the heat, cover and simmer for
• Peel, core and slice the apples.
Spoon half of the couscous mixture
into a 1.2-litre/2pt ovenproof dish.
Arrange half of the apple slices
over the couscous, and top with the
• Arrange the remaining apple slices
over the top, and sprinkle with the
• Bake for 25–30 minutes until
golden brown. Serve hot.