funny menu for you
125g/4oz plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons caster sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 tablespoon melted butter
125ml/4fl oz milk
50g/2oz pitted fresh cherries,
50g/2oz ready-to-eat dried
clear honey or golden syrup, gently
warmed, to serve
• Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar together. Make a well in the
centre. Whisk the egg yolks, melted butter and milk together, then stir
into the dry ingredients to form a smooth batter.
• Fold the cherries and apricots into the batter.
• Whisk the egg whites until stiff and dry, then fold carefully into
• Heat a griddle or flat cast-iron grill pan until medium-hot. Brush with a
little melted butter. Put spoonfuls of the batter on the griddle, and cook
until the top is set and bubbles appear, and the underside is golden.
Turn and cook on the other side.
• Serve hot with warmed honey or golden syrup.