funny menu for you
Chocolate & apricot squares
175g/6oz white chocolate, broken
into small pieces
100g/4oz caster sugar
200g/7oz plain flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
100g/4oz ready-to-eat dried
• Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4. Lightly grease a
23cm/9in square cake tin and line the bottom with baking parchment.
• Melt the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan
of simmering water. Stir frequently with a wooden spoon until the mixture
is smooth and glossy. Leave the mixture to cool slightly.
• Beat the eggs and caster sugar into the butter and chocolate mixture until
• Fold in the flour, baking powder, salt and apricots, and incorporate well.
• Pour the mixture into the tin, and bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes.
The centre of the cake may not be completely firm, but it will set as it
cools. Leave in the tin to cool.
• When completely cold, turn out and slice into squares or bars.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com