funny menu for you
Viennese chocolate fingers
75g/3oz icing sugar
175g/6oz self-raising flour, sifted
200g/7oz dark chocolate (at least
70% cocoa solids)
• Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas mark 5. Lightly grease two
• Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
Gradually beat in the flour and cornflour.
• Melt 75g/3oz dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of
simmering water. Beat the chocolate into the biscuit dough.
• Put the mixture in a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle, and pipe
fingers about 5cm/2in long on the baking trays, leaving room for
spreading. Bake in the oven for 12–15 minutes.
• Remove from the oven, and leave to cool slightly on the baking trays,
then transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
• Melt the remaining chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of
simmering water, and dip one end of each biscuit in the chocolate,
allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl.
• Put the biscuits on a sheet of baking parchment, and leave to set
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com