funny menu for you
150g/5oz dark chocolate (at least
70% cocoa solids)
175g/6oz caster sugar
25g/1oz plain flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
icing sugar, to dust
For the filling
300ml/10fl oz double cream,
75g/3oz strawberries, sliced
• Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6. Line a 38 x 25cm/
15 x 10in Swiss roll tin with greaseproof paper.
• In a small saucepan over a medium heat, melt the chocolate in
2 tablespoons water, stirring constantly. Leave to cool slightly.
• Put the eggs and sugar in a bowl, and whisk for 10 minutes or until the
mixture is pale and foamy. Whisk in the chocolate in a thin stream. Sift
the flour and cocoa together, and fold into the mixture. Pour into the tin
and level the top.
• Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Dust a sheet of greaseproof paper with
a little icing sugar, turn the roulade onto it and peel off the lining
parchment. Roll up the roulade with the fresh paper inside. Put on a wire
rack, cover with a damp tea towel and leave to cool.
• To finish, unroll the roulade and spread with the cream. Scatter with the
strawberries and re-roll. Put on a plate and dust with icing sugar. Serve
cut into slices.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com