funny menu for you
Sticky plum tart
100g/4oz plain flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon chilled water
450g/1lb plums, halved, stoned
25g/1oz caster sugar
3 tablespoons apricot jam
• Sift the flour into a blender or food processor, add the ground cinnamon,
salt, butter and egg yolk. Process for 30 seconds or until evenly
combined. Add the chilled water and process for a further 30 seconds.
Knead together lightly, and roll out to a circle about 25.5cm/10in in
diameter. Put on a baking tray and chill for 10–15 minutes.
• Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
• Prick the pastry all over with a fork. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until
• Arrange the plums over the cooked pastry, and sprinkle with the sugar.
Put back in the oven for 40–45 minutes until the plums are tender.
• To finish, melt the jam in a small saucepan with 2 tablespoons water,
bring to the boil and bubble for 1 minute. Brush or spoon over the
warm tart to glaze.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com