funny menu for you
Date & apple muffins
150g/5oz self-raising white flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
25g/1oz margarine, softened
75g/3oz muscovado sugar
250ml/9fl oz apple juice
2 tablespoons pear and
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 dessert apple, peeled, cored
75g/3oz chopped dates
1 tablespoon chopped pecan nuts
• Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6. Arrange 12 paper
cake cases in a 12-hole muffin tin.
• Put the wholemeal flour in a bowl. Sift in the white flour, cinnamon and
baking powder. Rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles
breadcrumbs, then stir in the muscovado sugar.
• Stir a little of the apple juice into the pear and apple spread until smooth.
Mix in the remaining juice, then add to the flour mixture with the egg.
Add the chopped apple and dates. Mix quickly until just combined.
• Divide the mixture among the muffin cases. Sprinkle with the nuts and
bake for 20–25 minutes until golden brown and firm in the middle.
• Transfer to a wire rack, and serve while still warm.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com