funny menu for you
75g/3oz flaked almonds
50g/2oz plain flour
175g/6oz icing sugar, plus extra,
5 egg whites
• Preheat the oven to 210°C/425°F/Gas mark 7. Lightly grease ten
125ml/4fl oz friand tins.
• Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat, then cook
for 3–4 minutes until the butter turns a deep golden colour. Strain to
remove any residue. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool until
• Put the flaked almonds in a blender or food processor, and chop until
finely ground. Transfer to a b owl, and sift in the flour and icing sugar.
• Put the egg whites in a separate bowl, and lightly whisk with a fork until
just combined. Add the lukewarm butter to the flour mixture along with
the egg whites. Mix gently with a metal spoon until all the ingredients
are well combined.
• Spoon some mixture into each friand tin to fill to three-quarters of the
way up the side. Put the tins on a baking tray, and bake in the centre of
the oven for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C/350°F/
Gas mark 4, and bake for another 5 minutes. Remove and leave in the
tins for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Dust with icing sugar before serving.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com