funny menu for you
Mandarins in syrup
10 mandarin oranges
15g/1⁄2oz icing sugar
2 teaspoons orange-flower water
15g/1⁄2oz chopped pistachio nuts
• Thinly pare a little of the zest from 1 mandarin, and cut into fine shreds
for decoration. Squeeze the juice from 2 mandarins and set aside.
• Peel the remaining mandarins, removing as much of the white pith as
possible. Arrange the peeled fruit whole in a large glass dish.
• Mix the reserved mandarin juice, sugar and orange-flower water, and
pour it over the fruit. Cover the dish and chill for at least an hour.
• Blanch the shreds of mandarin zest in boiling water for 30 seconds.
Drain and leave to cool.
• To serve, sprinkle the shreds of zest and pistachio nuts over the
mandarins, and serve immediately.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com