funny menu for you
Spicy fruit biscuits
175g/6oz butter, softened
175g/6oz brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
250g/9oz plain flour, sifted
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking powder
• Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4. Line two baking trays
with baking parchment.
• Using a hand-held mixer, cream the butter and sugar together in a small
bowl until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla essence and egg, and beat
until well combined. Transfer to a large bowl and add the sifted flour,
mixed spice, ginger and baking powder.
• Using a knife, mix to a soft dough. Gather together, then divide the
mixture into two portions.
• Roll one portion out into a rectangle about 3mm/1⁄8in thick, and trim the
edges. Repeat with the other dough portion. Chill both until just firm.
• Spread each dough rectangle with mincemeat, then roll up like a Swiss
roll. Cut the rolls into slices about 1cm/1⁄2in thick. Put on the prepared
trays, leaving space between each slice.
• Bake in the oven for 10–15 minutes until golden. Cool on the trays for
3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com