funny menu for you
Ginger-Scented Fruits with Orange Sorbet
The Chinese brought with them a love for exotic fruits,
such as litchis and mandarin oranges, that grow in their
country. Americans have taken some of these fruits and
created new dishes like this one.
1 15-ounce can litchis
1 10-ounce can mandarin
1 star fruit
1 pint orange sorbet
1 tablespoon chopped
1. Drain the litchis and mandarin oranges and set aside.
2. Wash and pat dry the star fruit and lime with paper towels.
3. On a cutting board, slice the star fruit (the peel is edible).
4. Peel and slice the kiwi.
5. On a piece of waxed paper, use a grater or a zester to
remove 1 teaspoon of zest from the lime. Zest is the colored,
outermost layer of skin that has the flavor of the fruit. Do not
remove the white part of the skin—it has a bitter taste.
6. Scoop the orange sorbet onto 4 dessert plates. Arrange the
litchis, oranges, star fruit, and kiwi on each plate around the
7. Sprinkle the lime zest and ginger on top of each plate as a
garnish and serve immediately.
zester or grater
4 dessert plates
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com